About Harris Sophocleous
- Master of Science in Sports Science (1999)
United States Sports Academy, Daphne, Alabama
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Human Performance & Sports/Fitness Management (1995)
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Certified Battling Ropes Instructor
- Senior Fitness Specialist (Exercise ETC)
- CPR/A.E.D. Certified
- Personal Trainer, 24 years
- Individualized fitness testing and assessment
- Personalized fitness prescription and programming
- Training singles, doubles and groups
- Expertise in various settings, including homes, offices, gyms, outdoors
- Working with clients from age 5 to 90
- Tactical Fitness Advisor, E.K.A.M. Greek Police
- Member, University of Alabama Swim Team (1989-1991)
- Member, Cypriot National Swim Team (1987-1990)
- Member, Greek National Swim Team (1986-1987)
- Gold Medal Winner, Greek Championships (1982, 1984, 1985, 1989)
- Medal Winner, National and International Level (1982-1990)
As both a competitive athlete and an experienced trainer, I have a unique perspective. I have been both the trainer and the trainee, or client, if you will. This insight allows me to help my clients adopt new ways of thinking and apply those ideas to the pursuit of goals in fitness and in life.
I have trained a diverse group of clients. For some clients, fitness enhances health and everyday life. For others, it’s a matter of life and death. Whether training athletes or seniors, stay-at-home moms or busy executives, or government and military personnel or police officers, my beliefs are the same. Whatever your fitness level or goals may be, my job is to help you achieve and maintain a better, healthier lifestyle so you can be successful in all aspects of life. I will constantly provide new challenges and skills for you to master. With my support and your hard work and dedication, you will be successful in moving beyond the limits you set for yourself.
As an educator, my role is to show you how to utilize your surrounding environment to your benefit and get a great workout wherever you are. Lack of traditional weights or a full-scale gym is not an excuse to avoid working out. I don’t believe in excuses. Be honest with yourself. Life is not forgiving, particularly to those trying to justify inaction. Life is multi-dimensional, and that is how we need to approach it. This is the core of my philosophy. Do something new, something good for yourself, and you will be rewarded on many levels.
I believe in a balance of efficiency and fun. When you start exercising alone, with a friend, or a group of people, the benefits are immediate. You will enjoy a fun, positive and supportive atmosphere where you accomplish your goals. As your fitness partner, I will help you progress with a methodical plan and strict training based on your goals and abilities. Together, we will get you to the next level quickly while having as much fun as possible.
About the Company
When we met, we were each going through transitional periods in our lives, and we are now happily married. On our journey as life partners, we discovered our mutual desire to have our own business.
At times in both our careers, we had worked for companies or individuals who did not value customers and staff, and who based business decisions solely on profitability rather than customer satisfaction. We had grown tired of working hard for those whose ethical principles and values were not in alignment with ours. We hoped to enhance our quality of life as well. Despite having careers in unrelated fields, we shared a vision, and the concept for Personal Peak, our personal training business in Chicago, Illinois emerged. In 2014, we relocated back to Dallas, Texas to pursue growth opportunities.
Utilizing both our talents, our goal is to provide superior service to each client. SophoFit is a personal training business, but we are ultimately in the service industry. Therefore, we truly value our clients, and want them to be satisfied with our services and the results they achieve. We respect our clients as unique individuals, and recognize that our success depends on them. We feel fortunate to have each other and the opportunity to share our dreams with so many.
— Harris & Tiffany